Saturday 27 April 2013


Hi me again!

Have you heard the sunscreen song, you know the one “wear sun screen”. 
I love it, I wish I’d come across it years ago. It is definitely ‘a life song’…you know one of those which really chimes a chord in you.


The line that has been chiming loud this week is “Do one thing every day that scares you.”

Fear has been a huge thing in my life, unfortunately it has, or rather I have allowed it, to stop me from doing things that I want to do just because I’m scared.  I’ve spent so much of my life worried about upsetting people, doing the ‘wrong’ thing, making a fool of myself, getting into trouble or sometimes just too scared to do anything. However this week I have done a lot of things which I was scared of doing but I did anyway!

 
 
I told my mum about my childhood and how it has affected me. I got her to see my perspective.

 
 
                                                                               I went to the dentist.
 
 

 I phoned a guesthouse and booked a room for myself.

 
I drove to the coast and stayed overnight on my own.

 
 
 
 
I researched and put together a presentation.

I went to an interview and did my very best, believing ‘I was good enough’.

 

All in all it paid off!

My mum and I aren’t fixed but she began to appreciate my perspective.

I ended up having to have a filling.

The room cost me £35 and it had magnificent cobwebs!

I didn’t get the job!

Paid off?! You question. How is that it all paying off?

Well ….despite being scared, I did those things. I stepped out, took a risk and I’m so much better and stronger for doing it.



Okay I didn’t get the job, but I realised, for once, I was good enough but they just didn’t want me….someone else will. I’ve just got to find the right place for me.

I feel like I’m moving out of my teenage rebellion and to my 20’s where I’m beginning to get a sense of ‘self’ and beginning to become my own person.

 
 
Here's to pushing the edge of my comfort zone!
Hx


 

No comments:

Post a Comment