Sunday 2 February 2014

Hello,
A whole month into the new year and if I'm honest it's been a bit wobbly!

I feel like I've lost the drive that I had in the run up to Christmas. Things have slowed and I have been in contemplation mode.

I think that I have taken my foot of the pedal and have lost  bit of the momentum which I had previously built up.

However, I came across a book which I read about on a blog by a deputy head.

The book was called 'Taming Tigers' by Jim Lawless. It has ten rules to live by and it id described as Richard Dunwoody (horse racing) the antidote to self help books.
I was intrigued! I duly ordered it on Amazon and it arrived about a week ago.


It's just what I needed! A proverbial kick up the bum!
I haven't finished reading it but it is a provoking read!

Here are the ten rules:
1. Act boldly today- time is limited
2. Rewrite the rule book- challenge it hourly
3. Head in the direction of where you want to arrive, every day
4.It's all in the mind
5. The tools for taming tigers are all around you
6. There is no safety in numbers
7.Do something scary everyday
8.Understand and control your time to create change
9. Create disciplines- do the basics brilliantly
10. Never, never give up! 

It's an interesting and challenging read. I am keen to learn and follow the rules but I have a very familiar tiger who roars loudly and is used to me backing down immediately as soon as it raises its head.
I love cats; in fact I love big cats including tigers. I need to tame the one who dwells within me and challenge it daily.
I aim to write about the process once I have completed the book......watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment