Wednesday 28 May 2014

Advice to my 14 year old self

Hi me again, long time no speak things have been a bit manic, as usual  :-)
Have been thinking lately about life and where it's going....no answers there just more questions really.
 
One thing though is that I wish I could go back and try again knowing what I know now... but it's best not to regret as it gets us no where. So instead I thought I'd imagine that I could give myself some advice that is a positive spin on the past and something I can continue to take with me into the future.
 
So here goes...
 
Advice to my 14 year old self:

Dear 14 year old ME,

You'll do it, you'll get to college! You'll get through it and do it!
You are so much better than you think.

Your mum will be okay- you don't need to worry. Forget your dad, he's not worth it- but YOU are!

You'll met a guy and he'll become everything to you; he'll give you the stability you so desperately need now but it won't last for ever, nor should it.
 
Learn from the lessons, it will hold you in good stead.

You'll love being a teacher and you'll meet your future husband.

You'll never believe what you'll do! YOU that are so scared of you own shadow!

It'll be tough but you'll have the relationship you always wanted.

You'll be loved like you've never been loved. You'll finally know what it's like to be loved just because you're you.

They'll be tough times ahead but, as you've always known, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!"

YOU ARE STRONGER THAN YOU THINK!!

You'll learn that your purpose in the world is not to have children... it'll be hard at first but it will be the making of you- honest!
You'll work through it and the world will become your oyster.

You are good enough!!- and always have been! NEVER forget this!
 
lots of love Me xx

No comments:

Post a Comment