Sunday 27 July 2014

School's out for summer....

Yep! I'm officially on school holidays! My watch is on my bedside table, my school bag is tidied away, my school clothes washed and put away and my recurrent alarm is switched off! Unfortunately the grey fluffy alarm that bounces on the bed hasn't been switched off yet, but I have managed to find her 'snooze button' which means I'm getting some of a lie in.

After last summer I am really looking forward to this six weeks holidays. I decided I was going to put the time into writing my book and more self development. Last summer I read Debbie Ford's book 'The dark side of the light chasers.' It was a very good read and had an amazing effect on me. I bought, at some point, I can't remember when, another book of hers 'The 21 day consciousness cleanse'. I decided that it would give me something to work through.

Each day starts with a reflection where you feel you are, how your internal 'fire' is burning then each day has a focus and some tasks that you need to complete.

Today's focus is on DESIRE and how by identifying your heart's desire you can provide yourself with the catalyst for change. Today I am supposed to brainstorm all the different 'desires' that I have and then I am to sort them into 2 groups, one group for inner desires and one group for outer desires.
I've struggled with this. I don't know what I desire. I knew what I USED to desire but that's not going to happen and so I'm at a real loss as to what I want.

I definitely feel regret for not doing more when I was younger (mid-life crisis- what me?!!) so part of me wants to recapture my youth ( whatever that means...) I wanted a new job as a deputy but part of me feels that I've had enough of school and parenting other people's children. But there is a real desire to do something worth while and achieve something...but what?! I had this notion that I would like to support girls to be strong and make the choices in life that are right for them....but what does that mean? Part of me wants to support other women like me, who thought they'd find their meaning and purpose through motherhood. Some of those women are childless like me but not all, as I have come across many women who have given up their lives for their children only for them to fly the nest and leave them wondering 'What do I do with my life?'..... So help women to find their purpose and whilst doing that find my own. I also want to gain in confidence and re-lose the gained weight.  So, I guess I know something, but don't feel sure. I want to feel different and feel like I've changed as a result of doing something.

Well, have done some contemplating....
1. Inner desire: to find my purpose in life
2. Outer desire: to write my book

The next task is to think about why these are important and what you will gain from pursuing these 'desires'.
  • to do something worth while
  • to build self confidence
  • to do something which will help others
  • to use my strengths and experiences
  • to gain recognition
  • to achieve something
  • to be in control of my life
The next task is to create visual images to accompany the desires- I've found this difficult but have made a start cutting out bits from magazines etc. But although I have very little to show for what I've been doing like many things like this it's not the end product that is the most important but rather the journey. This morning I felt miles away from being in tune with myself and my desires but now I am enjoying the time and effort I am putting in and things are gradually clearing.

Watch this space... I'll be back tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment